Gary’s Grooming Report:
Steve and I groomed both loops this afternoon they should be in good shape for tomorrow.
As your having fun on the trails think about what your going to put in writing this week to send to the Forest Service.
These trails are still under a trial permit, Your comments make a difference!
Send email or letter and stamp.
Subject: Wanoga Fat Bike Trails
63095 Deschutes Market Rd.
Bend, OR 97701
Fat Bike Ride Description
Please help keep trails open to us by respecting trail etiquette:
- Weekends and Holidays – park in the upper Wanoga snowmobile parking lot and ride down to the lower Sno-Play area. Ride the fat bike connector trail between the upper and lower parking lots. Look for the snow-bike sign and cut through the snow bank.
- We share the ski and snowshoe trailhead on the north side of parking lot.
- Please fill out the trail registrar. We want to show the Forest Service that this something we would like to keep doing and expand.
- Take the snowshoe loop. PLEASE stay off the ski loops. Do not ride on or in the classic tracks.
- Wide tires 3.8″ or wider.
- Important: TIRE PRESSURE – based on current conditions use 4 PSI. Your sidewalls should wrinkle like a funny-car tire.
- If you’re leaving ruts its too soft to ride.
- Yield to all other users when riding.
- Meissner Nordic helped us get our trails please help ease trail conflicts and stay off the groomed Nordic trails.
- Its is difficult for snowmobile riders to see you. You will hear them way before they see you pull over and let them pass.
- Stay to the far right of the trail and yield to snowmobiles.
Winter conditions can change hourly… If you’ve ridden this route recently, you can add a report to the discussion area below — or use the status update pull down at the top of the page.