Horse Butte 10 Mile Trail Run
Horse Butte 10 miler has a field limit of 200 runners which has kept its small race feel intact as it has gained popularity. The course, not so spring like weather, and post race Oregon Country Beef hot dog barbecue have become synonymous with spring trail running in Bend.
This course turns from dirt road to singletrack in the first half mile and stays single track for the next 9.5. The course is mostly uphill for the first 5 miles with much of the gain for the whole loop coming from miles 2-5. The one aid station is located at mile 5.4 after which you get a break from climbing until the short but memorable bump just after mile 8. The remainder of the course is fairly flat with some of the most technical footing coming in the last quarter mile. Technical info aside, the course weather permitting, is in my opinion one of the most visually appealing courses. Great views of the high desert and mountains can be had especially on the way back in from the aid station. If you have never done this event put it on your to do list!
- Turn left off of Wall st at Franklin, take first left onto Bond st, proceed North on Bond to Greenwood and turn right.
- Stay on Greenwood for 2.5 miles until you reach 27th st, turn right on 27th and head south on 27th for 3.5 miles and take a left onto Rickard.
- Travel 2 miles on Rickard and take a right onto Billadeau Rd.
- In one mile cross Arnold Market and you are now on Horse Butte Rd.
- In a mile Horse Butte road will turn to gravel road FS 1815 take your first right in about a 1/3 of a mile. Park where instructed by Volunteers.
- You can Google Map Horse Butte Bend, Oregon and it will come up.
Packet Pick up: Packet Pick up will take place at the Footzone located in downtown Bend. Footzone address 845 NW Wall St Bend, OR 97701.
For more information, visit the Horse Butte 10 Mile Race website.
Event Date: Sunday, April 02, 2017 9:00 AM
Official Event Website
Event Venue: Horse Butte Trailhead
Event Address: NF-1815 Bend, OR 97702
Entry Fee: See Website